According to the demand of some of the participants, we have extended the deadline for the call for abstracts until December 13.
Urban creativity is an approached based on actions that use very little resources, community participation and sustainability. It offers an alternative to traditional top-down city planning processes through the empowerment of people and communities. The 4th International Conference Laboratorio Q and the 2nd Forum on Urban Actions makes this call for papers to academics and professionals from the fields of architecture, planning, urban design, art, geography, sociology and other disciplines that consider creativity as an approach for economic, social and cultural development of contemporary cities.
The call for papers is divided into three themed topics:
– Actions: experiences of creative urban transformations: artistic actions, design interventions, or collective and civic initiatives.
– Spaces: physical places, creative transformation of the public realm through collaborative processes.
– Processes: theoretical reflection about urban transformation creative processes.
Abstracts should be sent in word format (.docx) with the following information:
– Name and affiliation of the authors, identifying the corresponding author.
– Title on the heading in capital letter (20 words max).
– Keywords (between 4 and 6).
– Abstract (500 words).
– Author Bio (150 words max).
This document should be sent by email to [email protected] by the 13th of December 2015 with the subject LABORATORIO Q CALL FOR PAPERS and indicating one of the three themed topics. The proposals will be selected by the scientific committee of the Conference.
The scientific committee will publish the decision on the accepted proposals on the 21st of December 2015.
The selected proposals will make a 15-minute presentation in the Conference, using any kind of media: PowerPoint, video, etc.
The scientific committee will select some proposals for a future publication. Those selected proposals will be expected to submit a 5000 words paper, which will go under a review process.